Thursday, July 7, 2011

Creativity has leveled up?

Something happened to me this week.

I seriously started work on a MLP:FiM fanfic, and I got the idea to actually draw ponies.

Up until this point, the closest I had come to either were daydreams and thoughts of concept art.

Now, though?

Now, I'm writing a straight-faced, tongue-in-cheek Rockydash fic, and I have a plan on what my default ponysona is going to look like.  I have several more stories that I might actually write up (even if I don't submit them to Equestria Daily), and a cluster of pic ideas to inflict upon others draw for the hay of it.

I think part of it was me finally going "y'know what?  Screw my low opinion of my skills; I'm going to do this because the ideas are just too entertaining to put down."  Another part was probably someone mentioning in jest that they hadn't seen a shipfic between Rainbow Dash and Rocky from the "Party of One" episode, and me realizing that I could create a story based on that.

Either way, this post on Equestria Daily made me realize: I am not alone.  There is a mountain of creativity in the brony fandom, a never-ending fountain of people creating fanworks and encouraging others to do the same.

Now, back to writing that shipfic...

No comments:

Post a Comment