Monday, June 27, 2011

Back to the present

Just a short note that I'm back in modern day at functional levels.  Still need to finish pulling stuff out of transport, but for the most part I'm here.

The event was good - decent weather, no serious problems in either direction, and no major foul-ups over the weekend.  There were some interesting happenings, but they only make sense if you know all of the details, and I doubt that I could get across enough of them for it to be coherent.

One thing did stick in my mind, though...

At night, after most people had gone to bed and I was left awake to watch the fire burn down to coals, embers, and finally ash, my thoughts turned to idle pondering.  Gazing at the clear night sky full of stars and across the tranquil bay, I found that I could only think of one thing: are there realms beyond our own?  What are they like?  Would I fit in better there?  And perhaps... maybe I could make some friends...?

No comments:

Post a Comment