Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Late night before a long weekend

It's dark here, and I'm going to be calling it a night soon.  Usually I stay up later than this, but tomorrow's going to be busy, and the rest of the weekend will be even busier.

There's a Civil War event in Port Gamble this weekend, so I'll be time travelling about 150 years into the past on Friday and won't return to the present day until very late Sunday... or more likely, Monday.

Before I go to bed, however, I'm going to enjoy the night air.  It's peaceful, cool, and one of the best times for me to ponder things.  To be honest, I tend to be a nocturnal person by nature - given my druthers, I'd go to bed around dawn, wake up in the afternoon, and be awake for the night... but since I have to interact with a mostly diurnal city, my options are limited.

On the plus side, it makes me a natural for fire watch at Civil War events - I'll stay up as long as it takes for the campfire to burn completely down to ash.

Ah well - might as well enjoy the nights as they come... starting with this one!  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment